MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - West Virginia plays host to Texas Tech on Saturday at the WVU Coliseum in a Big 12 Conference matchup that will tip off at 4 p.m. and will be televised on the Big 12 Network.Game Information
DATE: Saturday, February 16, 2013
LOCATION: WVU Coliseum (14,000) in Morgantown, W.Va. TIPOFF: 4:00 p.m.
SERIES: West Virginia leads 2-0
TV: Big 12 Network (Mark Neely and Rich Zvosec)
RADIO: MSN (40 affiliates) Tony Caridi, Jay Jacobs and Kyle Wiggs OFFICIALS: Announced on game dayQuick Hitters
• Today’s game will be televised by the Big 12 Network. In West Virginia, it will air on YES (New York), MASN (Washington/ Baltimore), PCNC (Pittsburgh), WOAY (Beckley/Bluefield), WQCW (Charleston/Huntington), WVFX (Clarksburg), WOVA-LD (Parkersburg), WTOV-DT (Wheeling/Steubenville), ESPN3 and ESPN Full Court.
• Bob Huggins coached in his 1,000th game at TCU last Saturday. The Baylor game on Wednesday was his 200th at WVU.
• WVU and Texas Tech met two weeks ago on Feb. 2 in Lubbock with WVU registering a 77-61 victory.
• Bob Huggins, with 722 career wins, needs two wins to tie Ray Meyer for 18th place on the NCAA Division I all-time winningest coaches list. Huggins recorded win No. 700 against Missouri State on Dec. 22, 2011. Huggins became the 20th Division I head coach to win 700 career games. Huggins’ record now stands at 722-279 in his 31st season as a head coach.
• Bob Huggins is the third-winningest active coach behind Mike Krzyzewski and Jim Boeheim.
• West Virginia has a 127-32 (.802) record against teams in their first visit to the Coliseum.
• West Virginia is 66-17 in the WVU Coliseum under Bob Huggins, including a 34-16 mark in league games at home.
• WVU is 475-137 (.779) all-time at the WVU Coliseum and 96-20 at the WVU Coliseum in the last eight seasons.
• Under Bob Huggins in the WVU Coliseum, WVU is averaging 74.9 ppg, while holding its opponents to 61.5 ppg.
• WVU’s average margin of victory at the WVU Coliseum under Bob Huggins is +13.4.
• The Mountaineers have won 48 of their last 67 conference games at the WVU Coliseum.
• West Virginia is playing its first season in the Big 12 Conference in 2012-13. The Mountaineers were members of the Big East Conference for the previous 17 seasons.
• WVU has won 94 of its last 120 games against unranked teams, including 48 of its last 53 at the WVU Coliseum.
• Bob Huggins is 15-12 in Big 12 Conference games. He is 5-6 at WVU, and his Kansas State team posted a 10-6 Big 12 record in 2006-07. The Wildcats finished fourth in the Big 12 in 2007.
• West Virginia is 59-42 under Bob Huggins in conference regular season games.
• WVU has started 12 different players this season with 11 different starting lineup combinations.
• Freshman Eron Harris
has started the last nine games for WVU. During that stretch, he’s been WVU’s leading scorer in five of its last eight games. He has averaged 14.3 points in WVU’s last nine games.
• The Mountaineers have three transfers on the roster in 2012-13. Junior center Aaric Murray
led La Salle in scoring (15.2), rebounding (7.7) and blocks (2.3) in 2010-11. Sophomore guard Juwan Staten
led the Atlantic 10 in assists with 190 as a freshman at Dayton in 2010-11. Senior guard Matt Humphrey
has one year left after transferring from Boston College, where he was second on the team in scoring at 10.3 points per game.
• West Virginia has made at least one 3-point field goal in 447 consecutive games. The last time WVU did not make a 3-point field goal was against Robert Morris on Nov. 27, 1999.
• WVU is predicted to finish sixth in the Big 12 Conference poll. In eight of the last 10 seasons, the Mountaineers have finished higher or equal to their preseason prediction.
• WVU has made nine straight postseason appearances: 2012 NCAA Second Round, 2011 NCAA Third Round, 2010 NCAA Final Four, 2009 NCAA First Round, 2008 NCAA Sweet 16, 2007 NIT champions, 2006 NCAA Sweet 16, 2005 NCAA Elite Eight and 2004 NIT Second Round.
• Bob Huggins has led WVU to the NCAA championship in each of his first five seasons. The last time WVU made five consecutive NCAA appearances was from 1955-60, when the Mountaineers went six consecutive years to the NCAA tourney.
• West Virginia has won 66 of its last 81 games when holding its opponents to 69 points or less.
• West Virginia is 39-1 under Bob Huggins when shooting 50 percent or better from the field.
• West Virginia is 107-21 under Bob Huggins when leading at halftime.
• West Virginia is 114-14 under Bob Huggins when leading by 10 or more points in a game.
• West Virginia is 106-6 under Bob Huggins when posting a higher shooting percentage than its opponent.
• West Virginia has won 73 of its last 84 games when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
• The Mountaineers are 96-14 under Bob Huggins when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
• West Virginia is 109-26 under Bob Huggins when outrebounding its opponent.
• West Virginia has allowed its opponent to shoot 50 percent or better only 33 times under Bob Huggins (200 games).
• Twenty-four of the last 25 senior members of the men’s basketball team have graduated on time or early since 2004.
• Bob Huggins has wins over 20 ranked teams since he has been the head coach at West Virginia, including eight
????@WVUhoops @CoachHuggs @WVUSportsBuzz
• Bob Huggins has posted 25 conference road victories in five-plus years at WVU. WVU has three Big 12 road wins this year.
• Sixty-six of Bob Huggins’ 132 victories have been away from the WVU Coliseum.
• WVU is 22-8 all-time on Feb. 16. The Mountaineers are 501-381 all-time in the month of February.