MEN'S SOCCER BLOG
By Grant Dovey for WVUsports.com
August 09, 2012 04:37 PM
The WVU men’s soccer team held its first day of official practice today with a two-practice session. The morning session began at 9 a.m., followed by the afternoon session at 4 p.m.Notes
- The morning began with the annual beep test, something that is used to measure an athlete’s maximum oxygen uptake. (Click here to read more about what the beep test is about.)
- After a lift in the Shell weight room, the team had Subway for lunch before the afternoon practice. Throughout the week the team will visit different Morgantown eateries for lunch and dinner.
- Prior to the afternoon practice, the media got to have its first look at the 2012 team as Andy Bevin
, Peabo Doue
, Pat Eavenson
, Eric Schoenle
and coach Marlon LeBlanc spoke about the season expectations.
- Bevin returned to the Mountaineers after training in New Zealand in hopes of making the Olympic squad. Last season, Bevin was the Big East Rookie of the Year and led the Mountaineers with seven goals.
- Schoenle spoke about his busy summer that included training with four MLS teams.