2013 Football Parking Information
PLEASE NOTE: Recreational vehicles must be removed from all lots by noon on Sunday. This will be strictly enforced.
COLISEUM RV PARKING FOR THE TEXAS GAME ON NOV. 9: The Coliseum Lot for the Texas game on Nov. 9 will not open until 11 p.m. on Friday Nov. 8. This is due to the women’s basketball game with Ohio State at 5:30 p.m., a men’s basketball game with Mount St. Mary’s at 8 p.m and a men’s soccer game with Bowling Green at 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 8.
- Fans coming to Mountaineer football games can now get up-to-date parking information on Monongalia County's Radio Notification Station, 1610 AM WQLM.
Parking policies now in effect
- All lots are open for cars at 7 a.m. on game day. Any car left in the lot the day before the game with a parking pass will be towed.
- A limited number of Purple Lot (Areas 52 and 61 behind Sheetz on Route 705), Gold Lot (Area 72, adjacent to the Facilities Management Building in front of ERC/Towers), Burgundy Lot (Suncrest Center off Van Voorhis Road) and White Lot (off University Avenue) parking spaces are still available.
- The Purple and Gold Lot spaces can be purchased on game day for $20 for cars, while Burgundy and White spots are $40. Buses and RVs are not permitted in these lots.
- Recreational vehicles can park in the WVU Coliseum lots for $80, and bus passes are available in the Green Lot (off Van Voorhis Road) for $80 on game day. The Mountaineer Station parking garage in the Green Lot also will be available to cars only for $40, as is the Blue Auxiliary Lot (United Bank/Health Department).
- Recreational vehicles may enter the WVU Coliseum and general Blue Lot at 8 a.m. on Friday, the Green and Red lots at 3 p.m., and the front-row Blue and Light Blue lots at 6 p.m. on Friday. No cars will be admitted to parking areas until 7 a.m. on Saturday. Front-row RV parking in the Light Blue lot is now reserved. Front row RVs must be parked by 7 a.m. on Saturday; general RVs must be parked two hours before kickoff.
- Small tents may be erected in designated areas only and may not be larger than 12' x 12'. A parking permit for the designated lot is required to erect a tent and the vehicle must be parked adjacent to the tent. Tents may only be erected after 7 a.m. on game day.
Recreational vehicle parking
- Lots open for recreational vehicles at 8 a.m. Fridays in the general Blue and Coliseum lots; Front Row, Red, Green and Light Blue lots open at 3 p.m. on Fridays prior to Saturday home football games.
- Recreational vehicles are 20 feet or longer.
- Pull-behind campers are permitted in the Red, Green and Coliseum lots only. Cars (with or without passes) are not permitted to park in any area designated for recreational vehicles. Pull-behind campers must disconnect the pulling vehicle and fans are permitted to park that vehicle in the spot directly in front of, or behind the camper.
- Car passes may not be upgraded to RV passes.
- All Front Row RVs must be parked by 7 a.m. on game day and general RVs must be parked two hours prior to kickoff.
- RV parking at the WVU Coliseum is now $80 in designated parking areas only. RVs parking at the WVU Coliseum will be issued a special pass when arriving and upon receiving payment.
- All RVs must now be parked two hours prior to kick-off.
Other Parking Information
- Parking pass is not valid for limousines.
- Free parking is available in the lots adjacent to the WVU Coliseum. A shuttle service to the stadium is available for $4 round trip.
- No tent can be erected in parking spaces or in such a manner to impede the flow of traffic. Open fires in the parking lots are also not permitted.
- Parking passes are limited to one space per pass. Tailgate gatherings are not permitted to overflow into adjacent parking space and/or drive lanes.
- Parking by Ruby Day Care Center or anywhere on Hospital Drive will require a pass. All cars without a pass will be towed to.
- Games involving the consumption of alcohol are not permitted in any of the University-operated parking lots.
- Fires are not permitted in any of the University-operated parking lots.
- Disabled parking is available for single-game purchase ($30) on a limited basis at the WVU Law School (Brown Lot). Disabled-accessible vans will provide transportation from the Blue and Brown lots to the stadium gates.
- A disabled-accessible shuttle bus will provide transportation to and from the WVU Coliseum at a cost of $4.
- Disabled parking will require the following admission to the appropriate lot:
- WVU issued color-coded parking permit
- Valid state-issued disabled parking placard or license plate
- Valid state-issued disabled parking registration card
- Photo ID of the disabled permit holder (the photo ID must match the disabled parking registration card and permit holder must be in vehicle)
- Disabled permit holders will be required to park in the spots reserved for disabled parking only. This will be strictly enforced.
2013-14 Men’s Basketball Parking Information
Parking operated by West Virginia University in the general area of the Coliseum is allotted on a season basis and requires a color-coded permit, which matches the designated areas.
Reserved parking is also available on a season basis for disabled parking. Please contact the WVU Ticket Office at 1-800-WVU-GAME.
Single game Parking
Single game parking is available at the Coliseum (near the Arboretum) and at the Natatorium/Shell Building for $20 per game. Single game bus passes are available for $60. RVs or limos are not permitted in the Coliseum lots. Tailgating is not permitted in the Coliseum lots prior to a game.
In order to assure proper use of disabled spaces on game day, the following will be required for admission to the appropriate lot: 1) valid state-issued disabled parking placard or license plate; 2) valid state-issued disabled parking registration card; 3) photo ID of the disabled permit holder (the photo ID must match the disabled parking registration card. The disabled person must be in the vehicle. Disabled permit holders will be required to park in the spots reserved for disabled parking only.
A limited number of disabled spaces are available adjacent to the Coliseum. Disabled parking is also available in the Green lot on Van Voorhis Road. A shuttle will run from that lot to the Coliseum.
Central Cab Buses
Shuttles depart continuously from the Green Lot (in front of the United Center on Van Voorhis Road) and Downtown parking garage, beginning one and one half hours before tip-off and for one hour after the game. The round trip fee is $4.
The Personal Rapid Transit System (PRT) will operate according to University schedule, which is as follows: weekdays from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm; Saturdays from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm; and no service on University holidays. Stations are located on Walnut Street, Beechurst Avenue, Engineering Sciences Building, the Evansdale Residential Complex (the Towers), and the Health Sciences Center. This service is free for students and $.50 one way for non-students on game days.
Shuttles run from the Engineering PRT station, Towers, and the Mountainlair continuously, according to the University schedule (closed on University holidays). The round trip fee is free.