2014-15 Dance Team
Row 1 (left to right): Lena Biafora, Kali Fronczek, Bria Cross and Lindsay Scarberrry.
Row 2 (left to right): Kallie Nealis, Rachel Moffitt, Maddie Craver, Kaitlin Stanton, Taylor Scudiere and Hillary Snyder.
Row 3 (left to right): Jessica Russell, Morgan McNabb, Chiara Pulice, Caroline Foreback, Mariah Congedo, Casey Cavallaro and Lauren Harvey.
Row 4 (left to right): Megan Rafa, Rice Klauke, Meagan Dilley, Abby Hogue, Danielle Walden and Sara McCarthy.
The search for the 2015-16 Dance Team coach has begun. Please find the job description and application process through this link HERE. Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply by April 14, 2015.
Let's Go Mountaineers! - A familiar cheer known to many throughout the venues of West Virginia University. The West Virginia Dance Team participates with the WVU Cheerleaders to encourage and entice crowd involvement at all men's and women's basketball home games.
Members of the West Virginia Dance Team are representatives of the University as well as leaders among the student body. The purpose of the West Virginia Dance Team is to support intercollegiate athletics and West Virginia University. The support directed by participating in dance and cheer routines to encourage crowd attention on the court, to create an atmosphere with the cheerleaders of excitement and enthusiasm at all men's and women's basketball home games and to serve as public relations ambassadors of intercollegiate athletics and West Virginia University. The West Virginia University Dance Team also competes at the National Dance Alliance Collegiate Dance Chamopinship in March each year.
Dance Team At-a-Glance
School Year Practices
Practices will be held three times a week beginning in September. The team is also required to participate in team work-outs two times weekly. Additional practices will be added for competition season starting in March.
All members are required to be at all men's basketball and women's basketball home games and other select West Virginia University sporting events.
General Tryout Information:
Try-out information for the 2015-16 Dance Team will be uploaded shortly.
- All candidates must be a full-time student at West Virginia University in order to be selected as a team member.
- All candidates and team members must keep a 2.0 GPA throughout the year.
- Body piercing and tattoos are not acceptable at tryouts or in uniform if selected as a team member. Removal of piercings and tattoo coverage is mandatory at try-outs.
- All tryout sessions are closed to family and other spectators.
- Clothing should be form fitting during the entire tryout. NO BAGGY SHORTS, TOPS, ETC. Shoes must be worn for the entire process. Foot paws and foot undies are acceptable.
- The number of members selected for the squad will be determined by the quality of performance of applicants.
- At tryouts you will first be asked to perform a 30-45 second solo that has been choreographed prior to the tryouts. You will perform these one at a time. Please do your solo in the style of dance that you feel is your strength (i.e. jazz, hip hop, lyrical) and highlight what you do well (i.e. turn, jump, etc.). The second part of the tryout will include learning a fight song & a jazz/hip hop routine. After you have successfully learned this you will be broken up into groups and will perform it for the judges.
If you have any questions regarding tryouts, judges for school auditions, choreography for school tryouts/competitions or are interested in having the dance team make an appearance at your event, please contact:
Jessie Bailey, Head Coach
West Virginia University Dance Team