ROOT SPORTS will continue to televise an extensive slate of West Virginia University athletics including football and basketball games, beginning this fall.
This marks the fifth season of Wild & Wonderful Sports programming on ROOT SPORTS, demonstrating the network's strong commitment to providing meaningful West Virginia-centric sports coverage to its viewers.
Under the extended Wild & Wonderful Sports line-up, ROOT SPORTS will produce and air:
- One (1) Live West Virginia University Football Game; WVU vs. Liberty at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 12
- Twelve (12) West Virginia University Football Pregame Shows starting Saturday, September 5
- Twelve (12) Football Press Conferences with WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen
- Fifty-Two (52) Coaches Shows
- WVU Men's Basketball Games, including WVU vs. Marshall. The full schedule to be released at a later date.
The network will have the opportunity to televise:
Click here for a printable pdf
- West Virginia University Women's Basketball Games
- West Virginia University Baseball Games
- WVU Football and Basketball Specials
- WVU Women's Soccer Games
of ROOT SPORTS Announces Continued Commitment To West Virginia University Sports Programming.
West Virginia Media Holdings (WVMH) enters its third season as the home of WVU sports across the state of West Virginia as part of the West Virginia University’s multimedia rights agreement with IMG College.
WVMH will air the following programs throughout the upcoming season:
- The Dana Holgerson Show – 9 a.m. on Saturday’s during football season
- The Bob Huggins Show – 9 a.m. on Saturday’s during basketball season
- The WVU Coaches Show – 10 a.m. on Saturday’s from April through August
- Mountaineer Gameday – 10 a.m. on Saturday’s during football season
- WVU Football Specials
- The Gold/Blue Spring Football Game
- WVU Basketball Specials