2016 Walk-On Program Info
DOWNLOAD FOOTBALL WALK-ON FORM
(You must have this form completed to present to the coaching staff when you arrive for walk-on tryouts. Your physical must be valid within the last six months.)
The West Virginia University football program will host a workout for students interested in joining the Mountaineer football team as a walk-on. The workout will be held on Wednesday, August 17, at Milan Puskar Stadium.
Gates will open at 6:30 a.m. and the tryout will start promptly at 7 a.m. The tryout will last approximately one hour.
All participants must be registered by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 16. In order to register, you must provide copies of ALL items listed below to Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance, Lacey Gibson. Her office is located on the second floor of the WVU Coliseum in Room 213A.
- Proof of Insurance (physical must be within the last six months)
- Completed physical form from a physician
- Proof of Registration as a full time WVU Student (e.g., printout of class schedule with total number of credits listed)
- Completed Compliance Form
Students must attend the workout in athletic gear in order to participate.
All interested prospects will need to be free from class obligations 2-6 p.m. in order to be a participant in fall practice.
* Note: If you are not NCAA eligible or have exhausted your eligibility you will not be permitted to join the team. Due to NCAA rules, the use of footballs are not permitted.
Please contact Casey Smithson at (304) 293-4194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.