Men's Basketball Game Day
- Alcoholic beverages and any hard containers (glass bottles/metal cans) are prohibited at the Coliseum.
- Only animals assisting disabled guests will be allowed in the Coliseum.
- Artificial noisemakers are prohibited at the Coliseum.
- A United Bank automatic teller machine is located beside the Team Shop adjacent to the Blue Gate.
Baby Changing Stations
- No one is allowed on the court at any time without proper credentials. There is no organized location for autographs.
Banners and Signs
- Baby changing stations are available in all men and women’s Coliseum concourse restrooms and in all club level restrooms.
- Banners and signs, except those associated with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, are not permitted at the Coliseum.
- Cameras are permitted in the Coliseum. Tripods and selfie sticks are prohibited.
- All persons, including children, must have a ticket for admission. Only infants in arms are admitted without charge.
- Access is restricted to club ticket holders through a stairwell located adjacent to each lower level tunnel. Two elevators are also located adjacent to entrances on Red Gate side.
Coolers and Containers
- Stand locations are located at the Red, Blue, Green and Gold Gates and in carts on the concourses.
- No coolers or metal or glass containers are allowed in the Coliseum. Soft drinks, water, and non-alcoholic beverages in sealed plastic containers are permitted.
- Each credential indicates the areas of the Coliseum in which it will be honored.
- From the south – From Interstate 79, take the West Virginia University exit, number 155. Cross the Star City bridge and proceed up Monongahela Boulevard. The Coliseum will be on your right.
- From the north – From Interstate 79, take the West Virginia University exit, number 155. Cross the Star City bridge and proceed up Monongahela Boulevard. The Coliseum will be on your right.
- From the east – From Interstate 68, take Interstate 79 north. Take the West Virginia University exit, number 155. Cross the Star City bridge and proceed up Monongahela Boulevard. The Coliseum will be on your right.
If you are a person with a disability who needs an accommodation in order to utilize our facilities, you are entitled to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact:
- Wheelchair seating is located at the top of Blue Sections 1, 3, 15, and 17 and at the top of Green Sections 35, 37, and 39. Tickets should be purchased in advance for all areas and are reserved to persons confined to a wheelchair and their guest.
WVU Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Contact should be initiated at least 72 hours before the scheduled event.
- There is one elevator located at the Red Gate.
First Aid Stations
- A family restroom is located at room 180, adjacent to the Red Gate.
- First aid is located adjacent to the stairwell on the concourse next to the Red Gate. Contact an event staff member or police for assistance.
- The gates open one and one-half hours (90 minutes) for home men’s basketball games and one hour (60 minutes) for women’s basketball home games unless otherwise advertised.
- Please contact the Marketing Office at 304.293.3086. All group sales must be completed by at least one business day prior to the game, as there are no game-day group sales.
THE HIGH 5 Rules of the Game
- Guest Services is located at the Green Gate, room 168, and will handle lost and found, lost children, emergencies and general ticket information. Fans may also report problems or make suggestions on a special form available from the attendant.
- Follow THE HIGH 5 rules to make game day a great day for everyone.
Lost and Found
- No excessive drinking – intoxicated fans are not allowed inside or outside the stadium.
- No foul or abusive language.
- No smoking in the seating or concourse areas.
- No throwing stuff (anything) onto the field.
- No ignoring of the instructions of Event/Security personnel.
- Lost and found is maintained during the game at Guest Services, room 168, located at the Green Gate. All unclaimed items will be available at the CSC office (304.291.4650) the next business day following the game.
- In case of a lost child, please contact Guest Services, located in room 168 at the Green Gate, or contact an event staff member or police for assistance.
- The Team Shop is located adjacent to the Jerry West Mountaineer Room, on the concourse between the Blue and Red Gates.
- Reserved parking – Parking operated by West Virginia University in the general area of the Coliseum is allotted on a season basis and requires a color-coded permit, which matches the designated areas.
- Single game Parking – Single game parking is available at the Coliseum (near the Arboretum) and at the Natatorium/Shell Building for $10 per game.
- Handicap Parking – In order to assure proper use of handicap spaces on game day, the following will be required for admission to the appropriate lot: 1) valid state-issued handicap parking placard or license plate; 2) valid state-issued handicap parking registration card; 3) photo ID of the handicapped permit holder (the photo ID must match the handicap parking registration card). Handicap permit holders will be required to park in the spots reserved for handicap parking only. A limited number of handicap spaces are available adjacent to the Coliseum. Handicap parking is also available in the Green lot on Van Voorhis Road. A shuttle will run from that lot to the Coliseum.
- A courtesy phone is located at the Green Gate.
- No special announcements are made over the public address system.
- To ensure the safety, comfort, and convenience of our guests, the following items may not be brought into the Coliseum: coolers, any bag exceeding 12”x12”x12”, all backpacks/schoolbags, gym bags, laser pointers, alcoholic beverages, artificial noisemakers, and weapons. A ‘size-wise’ box is available at each gate to determine if a bag is permitted.
Scalping/Resale of Tickets
- Restrooms are located along the concourse.
- The scalping of tickets on University property is forbidden. Violators are subject to removal from University property. No solicitation of any kind is permitted in the parking lots or Coliseum. Individuals discovered soliciting will be asked to cease or will be removed.
- Scoreboard messages are available by contacting our Marketing Office at 304.293.3086. The deadline for such requests are the Wednesday prior to each home game.
- Central Cab buses – Shuttles depart continuously from the Green Lot (in front of the United Center on Van Voorhis Road) beginning one and one half hours before tip-off and for one hour after the game. The roundtrip fee is $3.50.
- PRT – The Personal Rapid Transit System (PRT) will operate according to University schedule, which is as follows: weekdays from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm; Saturdays from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm; and no service on University holidays. Stations are located on Walnut Street, Beechurst Avenue, Engineering Sciences Building, the Evansdale Residential Complex (the Towers), and the Health Sciences Center. This service is free for students and $.50 one way for non-students on game days.
- WVU buses – Shuttles run from the Engineering PRT station, Towers, and the Mountainlair continuously, according to the University schedule (closed on University holidays). The roundtrip fee is free.
- Smoking is not permitted in the seating areas, aisles, or restrooms at the Coliseum. Pass-outs are issued to fans at the Green Gate for outside smoking.
- Selling of any items by anyone other than authorized WVU personnel or designated vending personnel in or around the Coliseum and the parking areas is prohibited.
- All WVU students should enter through the Gold Gate for home men’s basketball games and the Blue Gate for home women’s basketball games.
- The ticket office is located between the Blue and Gold Gates at the Coliseum. Game day sales are available at the Blue Gate ticket window once gates open. Normal business hours are Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- WVU is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced tickets. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- The will call window is located at the Red Gate for home men’s basketball games and opens two hours (120 minutes) before tip-off. The will call window is located at the Blue Gate for home women’s basketball games and opens one hour (60 minutes) before tip-off. A photo ID is required.