2012 Football Parking Information
- Fans coming to Mountaineer football games can now get up-to-date parking information on Monongalia County's Radio Notification Station, 1610 AM WQLM.
Parking policies now in effect
- All lots are open for cars at 7 a.m. on game day. Any car left in the lot the day before the game with a parking pass will be towed.
- The Green lot (off Van Voorhis Road) opens at 3 p.m. for RVs the day before the game. The Green lot opens at 7 a.m. for cars. Recreational vehicles who don’t have a season pass should park in the WVU Coliseum lots. The White lot, located off of Oakland St., will accept game-day passes for $40. This is a car-only lot.
The new parking garage will also be available to Green lot users for $40.
- The Burgundy Lot (Suncrest Center) and the Purple lot (Areas 52 and 61 behind Sheetz on Route 705) will have limited spaces available to purchase single-game parking passes. The Burgundy and Purple lots (across from Towers) are car-only lots. The Burgundy Lot is $40 and the Purple and Gold lots (across from Towers near the Rec fields) are $20.
- Small tents may be erected in designated areas only and may not be larger than 12' x 12'. A parking permit for the designated lot is required to erect a tent and the vehicle must be parked adjacent to the tent. Tents may only be erected after 7 a.m. on game day.
Recreational vehicle parking
- Lots open for recreational vehicles at 8 a.m. Fridays in the general Blue and Coliseum lots; Front Row, Red, Green and Light Blue lots open at 3 p.m. on Fridays prior to Saturday home football games.
- Recreational vehicles are 20 feet or longer.
- Trailers are permitted in the Red, Green and Coliseum lots only.
- Car passes may not be upgraded to RV passes.
- All Front Row RVs must be parked by 7 a.m. on game day and general RVs must be parked two hours prior to kickoff.
- RV parking at the WVU Coliseum is now $80 in designated parking areas only. RVs parking at the WVU Coliseum will be issued a special pass when arriving and upon receiving payment.
- All RVs must now be parked two hours prior to kick-off.
Other Parking Information
- Parking pass is not valid for limousines.
- Free parking is available in the lots adjacent to the WVU Coliseum. A shuttle service to the stadium is available for $4 round trip.
- No tent can be erected in parking spaces or in such a manner to impede the flow of traffic. Open fires in the parking lots are also not permitted.
- Parking passes are limited to one space per pass. Tailgate gatherings are not permitted to overflow into adjacent parking space and/or drive lanes.
- Parking by Ruby Day Care Center or anywhere on Hospital Drive will require a pass. All cars without a pass will be towed to.
- Games involving the consumption of alcohol are not permitted in any of the University-operated parking lots.
- Fires are not permitted in any of the University-operated parking lots.
- Handicap parking is available for single-game purchase ($30) on a limited basis at the WVU Law School (Brown Lot). Handicap-accessible vans will provide transportation from the Blue and Brown lots to the stadium gates.
- A handicap-accessible shuttle bus will provide transportation to and from the WVU Coliseum at a cost of $4.
- Handicap parking will require the following admission to the appropriate lot:
- WVU issued color-coded parking permit
- Valid state-issued handicap parking placard or license plate
- Valid state-issued handicap parking registration card
- Photo ID of the handicapped permit holder (the photo ID must match the handicap parking registration card and permit holder must be in vehicle)
- Handicap permit holders will be required to park in the spots reserved for handicap parking only. This will be strictly enforced.