NCAA Game Notes
• West Virginia is making its 24th appearance in the NCAA championship, dating back to 1995.
• This is WVU’s sixth NCAA appearance in the last seven seasons. In the year the Mountaineers didn’t make the NCAA
tournament (2007), they won the NIT.
• WVU has reached the Sweet 16 in five of its last six NCAA appearances (2010, 2008, 2006, 2005 and 1998).
• WVU is making its eighth straight postseason appearance: 2010 NCAA Final Four, 2009 NCAA First Round, 2008 NCAA Sweet 16, 2007 NIT champions, 2006 NCAA Sweet 16, 2005 NCAA Elight Eight and 2004 NIT Second Round.
• Bob Huggins has led WVU to the NCAA championship in each of his first four seasons. The last time WVU made four consecutive NCAA appearances was from 1955-60, when the Mountaineers went six consective years to the NCAA tourney.
• Bob Huggins is making his 19th Division I NCAA apearance. Only four active coaches have made more appearances.
• West Virginia has won 20 of its last 25 games televised by CBS, including nine of its last 10.
• Cam Thoroughman, Jonnie West and John Flowers could become the first WVU players to play in four NCAA tourneys.
• WVU has won seven of its last nine games in the state of Florida.
• WVU is 1-0 in the St. Pete Times Forum, a 69-52 victory over USF on Jan. 20, 2008. John Flowers (five points), Joe Mazzulla (11 points) and Jonnie West (0 points) all played in that game for WVU.
• WVU and Pitt are the only two BIG EAST schools with a winning record in league play in each of the past six seasons.
• After starting 0-2 in league play this year, West Virginia won 11 of its final 16 BIG EAST contests.
• WVU has won 60 of its last 71 non-BIG EAST games and 65 of its last 77 non-league contests (includes postseason).
• West Virginia is 18-6 in postseason games (5 NCAA and 2 NIT appearances) in the last seven seasons.
• WVU is 27-11 in BIG EAST, NCAA and NIT postseason play in the last seven seasons.
• Dating back to last year, West Virginia has won 11 of its last 12 games in the month of March.
• WVU is 36-14 in its last 50 games in the month of March.
• The Mountaineers have posted their seventh consecutive 20-win season and for the first time since 1981-87.
• Bob Huggins is the first WVU coach to win 20 games in each of his first four seasons.
• Bob Huggins now has 25 20-win seasons in 29 years as a head coach.
• WVU’s seniors have played in 538 career games, led by Joe Mazzulla’s 143 games played.
• Bob Huggins recorded his 100th WVU victory vs. Louisville. He reached 100 wins faster than any other WVU head coach.
• Joe Mazzulla has been a part of 104 victories, second most to Da’Sean Butler, who was a part of 107 WVU wins.
• WVU has won 64 of its last 75 games against unranked teams, including 31 of its last 32 at the WVU Coliseum.
• WVU recorded its 1,600th all-time victory against UConn. The Mountaineers are 22nd in victories among Division I schools.
• WVU has been ranked four times this season. The Mountaineers have been ranked 27 weeks under Bob Huggins, including 18 weeks in the AP Top 10. WVU has been ranked 47 weeks since Jan. 3, 2005.
• The final nine games of the BIG EAST schedule were the toughest stretch of opponents for WVU in school history with seven of those nine ranked. There has never been a 7-of-9 ranked run for WVU since the AP poll was started in 1948-49.
• In the last 14 games, WVU’s opponents are averaging 60.5 points per game.
• Kevin Jones became WVU’s 47th 1,000-point scorer against Seton Hall. He is now 30th with 1,140 career points.
• Darryl Bryant needs three points to become the 48th 1,000-point scorer in Mountaineer history.
• John Flowers is second in the BIG EAST in blocks. He ranks fourth in school history with 157 blocks in his career.
• Flowers leads the team in plus/minus ratio this season with a +214 when he is on the floor.
• WVU ranks fourth in the country in 3-point field goal percentage defense, holding opponents to 29.1 percent from 3.
• Joe Mazzulla is third among all NCAA active players in games played with 143. Mazzulla trails Ohio State’s David Lighty (152)
and Duke’s Kyle Singler (144).
• WVU is 7-3 on March 17 and 204-144 all-time in the month of March.
• West Virginia has won 42 of its last 46 games when holding the opponents to 69 points or less.
• West Virginia is 27-0 under Bob Huggins when shooting 50 percent or better from the field.
• West Virginia is 84-12 under Bob Huggins when leading at halftime.
• West Virginia is 88-6 under Bob Huggins when leading by 10 or more points in a game.
• West Virginia is 80-3 under Bob Huggins when posting a higher shooting percentage than its opponent.
• West Virginia has won 48 of its last 56 games when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
• The Mountaineers are 71-11 under Bob Huggins when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
• West Virginia is 82-12 under Bob Huggins when outrebounding its opponent.
• West Virginia has allowed its opponent to shoot 50 percent or better only 22 times under Bob Huggins (141 games).
Baseball: Marshall Highlights
Corey Walter and Cam OBrien: Marshall Postgame
Randy Mazey: Marshall Postgame
Baseball: Maryland Highlights
Maryland Postgame Reaction
Randy Mazey: Maryland Postgame