Jones Signs With Cleveland
Kevin Jones is a Cleveland Cavalier, the former West Virginia University forward wrote on his twitter account earlier today.
Jones, who failed to be selected in this year’s 60-player NBA draft, signed a free agent contract with the Cavaliers and will play with Cleveland’s summer league team in Las Vegas.
One report listed Jones as the best college player that went undrafted.
“Thanx to the Cleveland Cavs for believing in me and my abilities, so it’s off to the Cavs I go!!!” Jones wrote on his Twitter account earlier this afternoon.
During his senior season in 2012, the 6-foot-8 forward was named to the 10-member John Wooden All-America team and earned consensus second team All-America honors after leading the Big East in scoring (19.9 ppg.) and rebounding (10.9 rpg.).
Jones finished his career with more than 1,800 points and 1,000 rebounds, joining NBA Hall of Famer Jerry West as the only two Mountaineer players to do in school history.
He was one of three players in Big East history (Walter Berry and Troy Murphy the other two) to lead the conference in both scoring and rebounding in 2012, and he ranks 11th in Big East history with 560 career rebounds in conference play.
The Mt. Vernon, N.Y., resident scored a career-high 29 points in a 97-62 win over Alcorn State in 2012, and produced 28 points and 17 rebounds against first-round draft pick Perry Jones III of Baylor – probably Jones’ best all-around performance as a Mountaineer.
He was an important member of West Virginia’s 2010 Final Four team; WVU participated in the NCAA tournament all four years he was in the Mountaineer program.
Jones’ Final WVU Rankings
• 5th in career scoring (1,822 points)
• 14th in career field goals attempted (1,268)
• 22nd in career field goal percentage (49.4)
• 16th in career 3-point field goals made (110)
• 14th in career 3-point field goals attempted (349)
• 4th in career rebounds (1,048)
• 1st in career offensive rebounds (450)
• 20th in career rebounding average (7.54)
• 8th in career blocked shots (109)
• 2nd in career minutes played (4,347)
• 17th in career minutes played per game (31.27)
• 6th in career games played (139)
• 13th in career games started (104)
• 6th in career double-doubles (33)
• 2nd in career 10-point games (95)
• 14th in career 20-point games (14)
• 10th in season scoring (657, 2012)
• 6th in season field goals made (260, 2012)
• 13th in season field goals attempted (511, 2012)
• 8th in season rebounds (360, 2012)
• 1st (141, 2012), 2nd (135, 2010) and 4th (108, 2011) in season offensive rebounds
• 3rd (1,265, 2012), 4th (1,254, 2010) and 15th (1,152, 2011) in season minutes played
• 1st in season games played (38, 2010)
• 1st in season games started (38, 2010)
• 5th in season double-doubles (21, 2012)
• 2nd (33, 2012) and 4th (31, 2012) in season 10-point games
• 7th in season 20-point games (19, 2012)
Men's Soccer - Oakland Highlights
Wearing the Jersey: Clint Trickett
Women's Soccer- Elon Highlights
Dana Holgorsen - Alabama Postgame
Wearing the Jersey: Evyn McCoy
Alabama Postgame Reaction