Smith Semifinalist For Maxwell Award
Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein, USC receiver Marqise Lee and running back Kenjon Barner of Oregon headline a strong field of semifinalists for the Maxwell Award. Lee’s Trojan teammate Matt Barkley is the only player who repeats as a semifinalist from 2011.
Last season, the Maxwell Award went to Andrew Luck from Stanford University. Luck is now the starting quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts.
The winner of the 76th Maxwell Award will be announced as part of the Home Depot College Football Awards Show which will be broadcast on ESPN on December 6, 2012. Three finalists for the award will be announced on November 19, 2012 and a second round of voting will take place at that time.
The formal presentation of these awards will be made at the Maxwell Football Club's Awards Gala which will be held on Friday, March 1, 2013 at the Harrah's Entertainment Complex in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Semifinalist voting for the award presented by the Maxwell Football Club will begin on Tuesday, October 30th and close on Sunday November 18th. Eligible voters include Maxwell Football Club members, NCAA Head Football Coaches, Sports Information Directors and selected national media. All semifinalists are listed in alphabetical order with the player's school, position and class designated.
2012 Maxwell Award Semifinalists
- Montee Ball, Sr., RB, University of Wisconsin
- Matt Barkley, Sr., QB, University of Southern California
- Kenjon Barner, Sr., RB, University of Oregon
- Giovani Bernard, So., RB, University of North Carolina
- Johnathan Franklin, Sr., RB, UCLA
- Mike Gillislee, Sr., RB, University of Florida
- Jarvis Jones, Jr., LB, University of Georgia
- Collin Klein, Sr., QB, Kansas State University
- Marqise Lee, So., WR, University of Southern California
- EJ Manuel, Sr., QB, Florida State University
- Johnny Manziel, Fr., QB, Texas A&M University
- AJ McCarron, Jr., QB, University of Alabama
- Braxton Miller, So., QB, Ohio State University
- Geno Smith, Sr., QB, West Virginia University
- Manti Te’o, Sr., LB, University of Notre Dame
- De’Anthony Thomas, So., RB/ATH, University of Oregon
Geno Smith, Maxwell Award, West Virginia University Mountaineers, WVU, Big 12 Conference football
2013 Fantasy Camp Highlights
Fantasy Camp with Bob Huggins
Jordan Hamric prepares for Nationals
WVU helps in Moore, Okla clean-up effort
Final Big 12 Championship Report
Big 12 Championship Report