West Virginia, Baylor to Meet
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - West Virginia plays host to Baylor in a Big 12 Conference game at the WVU Coliseum on Wednesday night. The game will tipoff at 8 p.m. and will be televised on the Big 12 Network.
MSN's pregame coverage begins with the Coliseum Countdown at 7:30 p.m.
DATE: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
LOCATION: WVU Coliseum (14,000) in Morgantown, W.Va. TIPOFF: 8:00 p.m.
SERIES: Baylor leads 2-0
TV: Big 12 Network (Dave Armstrong and Stephen Howard) RADIO: MSN (40 affiliates) Tony Caridi, Jay Jacobs and Kyle Wiggs
OFFICIALS: Announced on game day
• Wednesday's game will be televised by the Big 12 Network. In West Virginia, it will air on YES (New York), MASN2 (Washington, D.C./Baltimore), PCNC (Pittsburgh), WOAY (Beckley/Bluefield), WQCW (Charleston/Huntington), WVFX (Clarksburg), WIYE-LD (Parkersburg), WTOV-DT2 (Wheeling/Steubenville), ESPN3 and ESPN Full Court. The MSN Radio broacast will be on Sirius 149.
• West Virginia has a 128-33 (.797) record against teams in their first visit to the Coliseum.
• West Virginia is 67-18 in the WVU Coliseum under Bob Huggins, including a 35-17 mark in league games at home.
• WVU is 476-138 (.779) all-time at the WVU Coliseum and 97-21 at the WVU Coliseum in the last eight seasons.
• Under Bob Huggins in the WVU Coliseum, WVU is averaging 74.6 ppg, while holding its opponents to 61.6 ppg.
• WVU’s average margin of victory at the WVU Coliseum under Bob Huggins is +13.0.
• The Mountaineers have won 49 of their last 69 conference games at the WVU Coliseum.
• Bob Huggins coached in his 1,000th game at TCU on Feb. 9, a 63-50 Mountaineer victory.
• Bob Huggins, with 723 career wins, needs one win to tie Ray Meyer for 18th place on the NCAA Division I all-time winningest coaches list. Huggins recorded win No. 700 against Missouri State on Dec. 22, 2011. Huggins became the 20th Division I head coach to win 700 career games. Huggins’ record now stands at 723-281 in his 31st season as a head coach.
• Bob Huggins is the third-winningest active coach behind Mike Krzyzewski and Jim Boeheim.
• West Virginia is playing its first season in the Big 12 Conference in 2012-13. The Mountaineers were members of the Big East Conference for the previous 17 seasons.
• WVU has won 95 of its last 121 games against unranked teams, including 49 of its last 54 at the WVU Coliseum.
• Bob Huggins is 16-14 in Big 12 Conference games. He is 6-8 at WVU, and his Kansas State team posted a 10-6 Big 12 record in 2006-07. The Wildcats finished fourth in the Big 12 in 2007.
• West Virginia is 60-44 under Bob Huggins in conference regular season games.
• WVU has started 12 different players this season with 11 different starting lineup combinations.
• Freshman Eron Harris leads WVU in scoring in Big 12 Conference games at 11.1 points per game. He has posted double figures in nine of his last 12 games.
• Senior Deniz Kilicli is averaging 16.0 points in his last three games. He is shooting 53.9 percent from the field in conference games.
• Sophomore Juwan Staten leads the Big 12 in assist-to-turnover ratio (conference games only) at 2.77.
• Freshman Terry Henderson is third in the Big 12 (conference games only) in 3-point field goal percentage (44.4 percent).
• West Virginia has made at least one 3-point field goal in 450 consecutive games. The last time WVU did not make a 3-point field goal was against Robert Morris on Nov. 27, 1999.
• WVU is predicted to finish sixth in the Big 12 Conference poll. In eight of the last 10 seasons, the Mountaineers have finished higher or equal to their preseason prediction.
• WVU has made nine straight postseason appearances: 2012 NCAA Second Round, 2011 NCAA Third Round, 2010 NCAA Final Four, 2009 NCAA First Round, 2008 NCAA Sweet 16, 2007 NIT champions, 2006 NCAA Sweet 16, 2005 NCAA Elite
Eight and 2004 NIT Second Round.
• Bob Huggins has led WVU to the NCAA championship in each of his first five seasons. The last time WVU made five consecutive NCAA appearances was from 1955-60, when the Mountaineers went six consecutive years to the NCAA tourney.
• West Virginia has won 67 of its last 82 games when holding its opponents to 69 points or less.
• West Virginia is 39-1 under Bob Huggins when shooting 50 percent or better from the field.
• West Virginia is 108-21 under Bob Huggins when leading at halftime.
• West Virginia is 115-14 under Bob Huggins when leading by 10 or more points in a game.
• West Virginia is 107-6 under Bob Huggins when posting a higher shooting percentage than its opponent.
• West Virginia has won 73 of its last 84 games when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
• The Mountaineers are 96-14 under Bob Huggins when scoring 70 or more points in a game.
• West Virginia is 110-27 under Bob Huggins when outrebounding its opponent.
• West Virginia has allowed its opponent to shoot 50 percent or better only 34 times under Bob Huggins (203 games).
• Twenty four of the last 25 senior members of the men’s basketball team have graduated on time or early since 2004.
• Bob Huggins has posted 25 conference road victories in five-plus years at WVU. WVU has three Big 12 road wins this year.
• Sixty six of Bob Huggins’ 133 victories have been away from the WVU Coliseum.
• Bob Huggins has wins over 20 ranked teams since he has been the head coach at West Virginia, including eight over a Top-10 ranked team in the last six seasons.
• WVU is 23-10 all-time on Feb. 27. The Mountaineers are 502-383 all-time in the month of February.
Football Friday, presented by the WV Lottery
Women's Soccer- La Salle Highlights
Michaela Abam - La Salle Pregame
WVUsportsBuzz presented by U.S. Cellular
Nikki Izzo-Brown - La Salle Preview
United Bank Playbook